Calgary Office Safety Precautions in Effect During the Pandemic
Alberta Counselling Centre is taking the following precautions to protect our clients, staff, and family members, and to help slow the spread of the coronavirus:
- Office seating in the waiting room and in therapy/testing rooms has been arranged for appropriate physical distancing.
- All staff wear medical grade masks (surgical mask or N95 respirator) and practice frequent hand hygiene.
- All clients must wear a face covering. If clients don’t have their own face covering, a medical grade mask will be provided when they enter the office. Transmission probability is at its lowest when masks are worn by clients and all staff in the office.
- We ask that clients check their temperature before coming to each appointment (we may also take your temperate with a touchless thermometer when you enter the office). If it’s elevated (100 Fahrenheit or more), or if you have other symptoms of the coronavirus, your appointment will be rescheduled or moved to telepsychology. If you wish to cancel for this reason, you won’t be charged a late cancellation fee.
- All staff maintain safe distancing at all times.
- Hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol is available in all the therapy/testing rooms and at the reception counter.
- We schedule appointments at specific intervals to minimize the number of people in the waiting room and give us time to sanitize appropriately between clients. To help facilitate this, we ask that all clients text the office at 587-352-3222 and wait in their cars or outside until no earlier than 5 minutes before their appointment times. Clients may park in a stall marked visitor parking, a reserved stall that’s marked Alberta Counselling Centre (Stall #57, #60, #61, #43, & #84), or on the street.
- Physical contact is not permitted.
- Tissues and trash bins are easily accessed. Trash is disposed of on a frequent basis.
- Common areas are thoroughly disinfected with approved sanitation products after each session, and at the end of each day.
- All our seating is leather, no furniture in the office has cloth upholstery. In addition, pillows and weighted blankets have been temporarily removed. As such, all seating areas are easily wiped down and sanitized appropriately after each client.
- We have suspended beverage service until further notice, we ask that you bring your own beverage if you wish.
- All magazines, brochures, and toys have been removed from the waiting room.
- We continuously run GermGuardian Air Purifiers that are equipped with charcoal filters, HEPA filters, and UV light.
- We are a paperless office. As such, there is no need to stop at the front desk to process payments or wait for a receipt to be printed. Therefore, there is less potential for virus transmission. Fees are processed using the credit card on file and a receipt is immediately emailed to clients.
The above policies are consistent with the guidance of the Chief Medical Officer of Health; the Public Health Act; the CAP Standards of Practice; CAP Practice Guidelines / Alerts; and the Canadian Psychological Association's Canadian Code of Ethics for Psychologists.
Please feel free to ask questions or offer suggestions.
--The Alberta Counselling Centre Team.